Monday, March 22, 2010

The Beauty of Hope

I just watched this movie,





What can I say? It was one of the best films I have seen this year. It seamlessly mixes elements of extreme realism with whimsical fantasy. The soundtrack moves you, the lighting design is pure genius, and is Audrey Tautou ever not amazing in a film? I will say that it is slightly hard to follow if you aren't paying attention (this is probably due to the fact that I watched it at 1 in the morning) but the beauty of the film makes up for any confusion felt.

This movie is definitely worth a spot on your Netflix queue or a trip to the video store (if you want to watch it, be warned it is rated "R" although it is easy to tell when "stuff" is coming up so you can skip parts if you want to).

No comments:

Post a Comment