Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cut All My Loses

I don't know about you guys...but sometimes I wish the 30 second previews on itunes were a bit longer. Why?

I sometimes will encounter an artist that I think I enjoy...meaning I have heard 3 or more of their songs and they seem pretty good. Usually I will do some research online about the artist (meaning I will try to find their other songs online to listen to before I commit to buying it for realsies...not pirating...I am trying to find music videos etc). Anyway, for a lot of these artists I can only find a couple of songs (usually the ones that I have already heard/have the song already) and then I turn to the itunes 30 second preview. Now due to the fact that I like the other songs I have heard, I have sometimes listened to the 30 second preview and thought, "oh I think that this will be a delight to listen to" and I cough up the money to buy the song. It is at this point that I realize that the only "good" portion of the song was the 30 seconds itunes chose, and I further discover that the only "good" songs the artist has recorded are the ones that I had already heard.

Now it might only be me...but I feel an extreme amount of sadness when this happens...which is only remedied by the opposite. Hearing an amazing song and realizing that all of the artists songs are equally amazing. That is what happened with this guy:



Trent Dabbs has officially won me over (oh gosh...I didn't even mean that to be a pun). Every song that I have heard/purchased is gut wrenchingly fantastic. I am hoping against hope that he goes on tour again (I missed his last stop in Utah) sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment