Thursday, February 10, 2011

being a hermit

Dear Internetszzssszzszs-

I have been spending copious amounts of time with you lately.  Not you in particular...just one site on you...google.

Well not google...

 the Google Art Project  to be specific...

with it I can see images like this:


from paintings like this:

I can visit the world's best museums from the confines of my bedroom....and not just the museums...the artwork in them, in freakishly high definition.  I get to see the brush strokes on these paintings.

Google Art Project, you have proven yourself highly addictive...

I have to go now...(go meaning I will probably spend 1 more hour pouring over your artwork)...

Autumn

P.S.  but for realsies friends, you have to check out Google Art Project, it is the coolest thing online right now.  If you have any interest in art at all you will love this website.  While it doesn't replace the awe and wonder that you get when you stand in front of a painting, it is pretty spectacular...and it is free (unlike the traveling would be).  Additionally, you get the best view of the painting w/o worrying about crowds or "hogging" the best space.  I loves this (probably because I am half hermit).

No comments:

Post a Comment