Sunday, April 17, 2011

Secret Confessions

secret confession: I am a song skipper....




....


....


Yes it is true.  I almost never listen to a song in its entirety.  To be fair I think this is due to the fact that many songs just repeat the chorus twice at the conclusion...which is basically lame.  


Over the past couple of months I have acquired a few new albums...and guess what?  No song skipping on any of the albums...this is a remarkable feat.  If you think that it is just because I have grown out of it...it isn't true.  I still skip other songs, and other albums...but not these!  So without further ado...here are the three remarkable albums:


1) Noah & the Whale: Last night on Earth 

  • Reasons I like them:
    1. They use & instead of and
    2. They write dates day/month/year instead of month/day/year
    3. They are British
    4. They are pretty British people (which probably means they aren't that pretty but my brain can't see that because they sound cool). nope...they really are good looking...especially the ones with the spectacles...and beards...and I need help...
    5. oh and they are freakishly amazing.
    6. This album tops all of their old albums + infinity!  I basically love it.  
    7. This song...



2) Adele: 21
  • Stop what you are doing and immediately buy this album if you haven't yet...because like it is amazing.  Yep, I love her.  I want to be her, I would kill for her voice.  I know you think I am kidding...but I might not be...it would be like little mermaid octopus witch style...except I would give up the prince for the voice...bad allusion...but let's move on.  Why I love her/this album
    1. umm she is amazing
    2. As my friend put it...I wish my love life was more sad and depressing so I could relate to all of the songs...and let's face it...who wants more pain?
    3. She is fiercely gorgeous.
    4. She is super nice
    5. and again with the amazingness of the amazing
    6. This song...
3) Joshua Radin: The Rock and the Tide
  • Reasons I love him:
    1. One of the best concerts I have ever been to...he actually sounds like his album...sadly this isn't a characteristic many people have.
    2. he was funny at his concert
    3. he has supermodel good hair
    4. he could be a super model
    5. He makes me realize that I might be a titch shallow...maybe more than a titch...
    6.   
Peoples........go buy these albums!!!!!!!!!  Immediately!!!  It will change your life...maybe not...but you will own better music...and that is how I judge people, so if you want me to like you...go buy these albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment