Saturday, October 24, 2009

The 10 Year Plan...



In one of my classes we have been talking a lot about place and time and how we as humans deal with such topics (I know I have a fluffy major). The discussions have often brought up the fact that many of us make "10 year plans" or year plans. We are always thinking about where we want be and when we want to be there. Personally I can't remember a time where I didn't have some sort of plan for the future. The first time I actually wrote down my 10 year plan though was when I was 12 (luckily the journal that contained that plan was destroyed some time ago). In a short few weeks I will near the end of those 10 years and while my life has turned out much differently than the 12 year old wanted it to (I thought I wanted to be an actress...this ended when I realized I didn't like getting in front of large groups of people) it feels very strange.

As I contemplate the next 10 years of my life and where I want it to go I have thought about how the past ten years I have been living for the future and maybe the next ten I should try to enjoy the present a little bit more instead of what might happen tomorrow.

P.S. I found the calender here

No comments:

Post a Comment