Thursday, June 2, 2011

speling is stupid




When I think back on my time in elementary school one phrase comes to mind..."if you know how to read you know how to spell."  This phrase irked me significantly...I could read...I was an excellent reader...but spelling...uh not so much.  

Fast forward a couple of years (or you know...10) and the Harry Potter books were coming out.  I remember reading one the night it came out.  A week afterward when my friend finished it (did you catch that...I read it all in less than one day [see me being an excellent reader from above]...took him significantly longer) he talked about how she had misplaced commas!!  uhh....yeah I didn't notice that...I was too busy noticing the fact that Snape killed Dumbledore!!  Unless you are an editing major or something obnoxious like that there is no reason to find a few misplaced commas.  Can you imagine how horrible the world would be if you noticed all of the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in the world?

What's my point?  Uhh I don't know if I have one....other than I can read faster than you can out spell me.  

1 comment:

  1. "Unless you are an editing major or something obnoxious like that" - from the liberal arts major? Hypocrite. Just kidding. :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete