Friday, May 27, 2011

Balloon Sea Monster

I first noticed that balloon's shadows are colorful when I was just a child...for some reason it just didn't make sense to me how there shadow wasn't just black.  Still to this day I find that fact so intriguing (as in I just spent way to long looking at pictures that showed balloon's shadows...).  


This fact probably is why I find  Anish Kapoor's recent work so amazing.  Anish was invited by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication to create a work of art that compliments the space in Grand Palais in Paris.  Anish created Leviathan 75,000 cubic meter balloon to fill the space.  From the outside the balloon looks solid and aubergine in color, when you look at the view from the inside the walls take on a translucent scarlet color....magnifique!




No comments:

Post a Comment